Skip to main content
Jenny Reyes
Strategic Brand and Marketing Consultant

I often get the question: should I brand my business / myself my own name, or come up with another brand name? I'm interested to hear everyone's perspectives. :)

Where am I?

In Team Mastermind you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Michelle Templeton
Michelle Templeton

I did this deliberation dance, went for a brand name in the end. 

Ryan Chung
Ryan Chung

I’m always going back & forth on this one...🤔

Steve Richards
Steve Richards

I'd separate them but keep them closely aligned - the mastermind/course is for your customers - their pleasure/pain - their challenges - you are the guide/mentor to them - and your expertise and empathy should shine clearly as the provider not their answer

Howard Feight
Howard Feight

I fully believe in branding and see great value in the investment.

Jed Churcher
Jed Churcher

For me, it's all about the value of your actual name as a strong brand vs a new name, which you'd need to build from scratch. Benefits to both, but certainly a topic worth discussing! 

Adam Bricker
Adam Bricker

You are your personal brand and you have companies within your brand. As an entrepreneur, you will want to be able to sell your companies from time to time, but you will not sell your brand.

Katie McMurray
Katie McMurray

I brand myself as a provider of knowledge/services. Ultimately I branded my image and name 20 years ago. Why? I feel branding is consistency which equals quality and reliability. Given I started small years ago people know me by my name and image regardless of how I have evolved.  I have obviously grown older and yet my original image and name are my brand, the thing people remember and relate to.  I stick to what I do best and remain consistent.  I feel when constantly changing your branded image and avatar it is harder for people to find you.  Imaging is a strong memory trigger.  I want to remain in my customer's memory. I can shift and expand on the services I provide and yet I remain consistent with my branded image and name.